How it works
- Choose a Farmers® District Manager or Recruiter who will be happy to discuss the entrepreneurial opportunity with you, answer your questions and give you additional knowledge and confidence to help you become a successful Farmers agency owner.This is an indispensable relationship in helping you GROW WITH FARMERS℠.
- Training on product portfolio
- Business development support
- Help with branding and agency location placement
- After meeting with a District Manager or Recruiter you will take the required background check and classes to obtain your professional license.
- Seasoned investable assets to invest in your business
Licensing and Training
- Property and Casualty, Life and Health licenses are required prior to agent appointment
- Series 6 & 63 or equivalent, or ability to obtain preferred
- Training milestones and assessments
- Satisfactory results of background check
- Review and approval of 5-year business plan
Branded Office Location
- Office location fully equipped and compliant with Farmers® brand standards
- Hiring licensed and appointed agency staff members
TrainNext, you will begin our award-winning training program at the University of Farmers®. This is where you’ll acquire additional skills to help you build your business. You can even train part-time if you need to keep your current job.
Open for businessYou’ve selected your District Manager or Recruiter, obtained your license, gone through training, and secured a location, now you’re open for business. As a Farmers® agency owner, you play a crucial role in the success of the organization. The Farmers logo on your door will tell the world you represent a strong and respected organization. It also says you have met the professional standards that are required to be a Farmers agency owner. Now’s the time to give your customers a quality experience and be a leader in your community.
- GROW WITH FARMERS℠ means accelerating your business development with the help of proven marketing and sales tools, the support of a great organization and brand, and a relationship with your Farmers District Manager or Recruiter who can serve as a business coach.
- Contract Value according to the terms of the appointment agreement Sale of Service and Commission Rights
- Opportunity to sell service and commission rights
Start-Up Bonus Program
- Opportunity to receive an office startup bonus
- Opportunity to receive a marketing lead generation bonus Performance Bonus
- Opportunity to receive monthly, quarterly and annual bonuses based on performance
- Opportunity for potential commission enhancement
Benefits for you, your family and your staff
- Group life insurance
- Comprehensive medical plans
Performance Awards and Achievements
- Opportunity to receive numerous performance awards
- Achieve membership into exclusive clubs and attend events around the world when you meet designated performance goals
- We know you’ll have questions along the way. We’ve gathered answers to some of the most commonly asked questions here. If you have further questions, a District Manager or Recruiter who can serve as a business coach can assist you.
- What are the minimum requirements for appointment as an agency owner?
- How much income can I make?
- How do I get started?
- Can I build my own agency or buy an existing one?
- How can I benefit from having a Farmers® District Manager or Recruiter
- How long can it take to complete the offered training?
- Do I have freedom to manage the agency my way?
- What is University of Farmers®?
- Can I pass my agency on to family members?
- What if I’ve never owned a small business?